Bruno Mars & Feelings of Luxury

Recently, I noticed this song rise to popularity. I was immediately taken by it, though pop isn't my usual genre of choice. My reasoning for liking the song may be more connected to the music itself, but the lyrics of the song to certainly conjure a vivid image. The feelings of luxury conjured are undeniable. Who doesn't want to be woo-ed by means of Cadillacs, white diamonds, and Parisian shopping sprees. 

The images conjured in this song create a sense of escape from everyday life, even if it's only for three and a half minutes. It's written in a manner that make you feel as if Bruno Mars is singing directly to you. It plays on our need to feel luxurious, but also a need to feel special. He is capitalizing on the fact that he is an attractive young man. 


Bruno Mars - That’s What I Like [Official Video]

"I won't ever make a promise that I can't keep."-- Bruno certainly sounds like he's singing in earnest.
The truth is, not to burst any bubbles, that he really isn't talking to us. He isn't really talking to anyone, maybe 
some select lucky young lady. It sure creates a nice escape for a while, doesn't it?

Comments